I’m a designer who has lived a thousand lives. In over 20 years of my career my insatiable curiosity has led me to dabble in a bit of everything; direct-marketing, out-of-home, social, interactive, app design, TV, print, and teaching. A self-proclaimed design “triathlete” I’ve spent the past several years bouncing between roles as a creative director, associate creative director and design director. Educated in classic design style from the University of Illinois (BFA) and the Rhode Island School of Design (MFA), I’m among the rare design-taught creatives who are capable of both beautiful layouts and big ideas. For this reason, I’m able to find success in small design boutiques as well as large, traditional ad agencies. I can sit one-on-one with junior designers helping them work through potential solutions, conduct stake-holder interviews and can command a room presenting creative concepts to c-suite level executives.
Over the years I’ve crafted creative solutions and contributed to award-winning campaigns. My career took off, literally and figuratively, in 2001 when my design for Iberia airlines was chosen to move forward and I spent weeks abroad working directly with the client. Since then I’ve gone on to create brand campaigns for Fortune 500 companies, worked on international brands, integrated 360 campaigns, created innovative experiential exhibits, and kept on top of ever-evolving trends.
I’m currently a Creative Director in Seattle but in my spare time I’m fairly active. As a 200hr certified yoga instructor and Boston qualified marathoner I’m typically working, running, sleeping or eating. Mostly eating.
Feel free to reach out to me mcgee.molly at gmail
My CV can be downloaded here.
- Cannes Bronze Medal in Design
- One Show Design, Brand Identity / Logo Design Silver
- One Show Design, Design Does / Brand Transformation Gold
- OBIE Silver / Multi-Format Campaign
- Published in “Designing Brand Identity: An Essential Guide for the Whole Branding Team” 4th Edition, Alina Wheeler
- Icons of Progress exhibited as part of THINK presented by IBM in INNOVENTIONS at The Chicago Museum of Science Industry
- Icons of Progress exhibited as part of THINK presented by IBM in INNOVENTIONS at Epcot® Walt Disney World® Resort
- CHGO DSGN Recent Object and Graphic Design, a major exhibition of Recent Object and Graphic Design by 100 of the city’s leading designers
- Inaugural exhibit The Chicago Design Museum
- Livestrong The Big C Competition Promising Project winner
- Rent the Runway Foundation and UBS Project Entrepreneur 2016 intensive invitee